Sfeha is a traditional dish that is served in the Levant (Syria, Palestine, and the surrounding areas), and it is a nostalgic meal that brings back memories of freshly-made sfeha in the street markets. Here's an awesome recipe for you to try!
- Ground Beef (Lean) 1 LB
- Pre-made Pizza Crust or Dough Similar to Pizza Consistency
- Tomato Paste 2 Tb
- Pomegranate Molasses 3 Ts
- Chopped Tomatos 2 Cups
- Chopped Onion 1 Cup
- Salt (to taste or cover)
- Al-Salam Sfeha Spices (to taste)
You will also need
- Grill or baking sheet, tongs, skillet, and spatula
Prep & Cooking Instructions
1. Cook the onions for a bit until transparent but not brown.
2. Once onions are transparent, add in the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, ground beef, tomato paste, pomegranate molasses, and the Al-Salam Sfeha Spices.
3. Cook the topping mixture approximately half way, as to allow the meat to cook while the meat pie is in the oven for the second cooking.
4. Once half way cooked, let the topping cool slightly, and apply generously on the dough (you can do square, round, or any shape that you'd like)
4. Cook inside oven at 350 degree F. until the crust is golden brown, not too brown unless you like to crispy/crunchy.
Keep up with us on Facebook for new recipes!
I hope you enjoy it! - Al-Salam.